Plumbing Repipes Solve Rusty Water Issues.
There are a number of problems that come with old plumbing depending on the material type, age, and environmental factors. These issues can present themselves in ways that negatively impact your property.
If you’ve decided it’s time, a plumbing repipe service in Portland by the expert plumbers at Sarkinen Plumbing can provide you with the highest quality repiping at an affordable price.
Repiped Plumbing Fixes Water Pressure Problems
If you’ve been experiencing any of the following, a plumbing repipe may be the answer.
- A lack of water pressure in showers, sinks, and other lines.
- Water that is discolored or rusty in color.
- Pipes are persistently leaky
- Trouble using multiple faucets at one time.
- There are indications of a slab leak.
Factors affecting your pipe integrity
There are several factors that determine whether repair or repiping is the best option. We’ll always take these into account before presenting you with options. Some of the pipe-related issues that necessitate plumbing repipes include:
- Age – Many pipes were installed just after World War II. This means the majority of the infrastructure in the US is over 60 years old. Many of the materials used at the time have experienced significant damage and decay. Often a plumbing repipe is the best solution when this is a factor.
- Soil Conditions – There are certain soil conditions that are bad for pipe materials. High levels of chloride and a low electrical resistivity can cause premature corrosion of pipes and water lines. Soil with a high clay content can be particularly damaging.
- Tree Growth – Root growth is one of the biggest reasons we perform plumbing repipes on Portland properties. When trees, bushes, and other plants grow deep root structures they’ll seek water sources wherever they can find them. Even the tiniest crack in a pipe can cause a bad leak. Roots seek these, expand them, and grow inside of your piping.
- Pipe Materials – Inferior materials can deteriorate much faster than their modern equivalents. Piping has been made from clay, tile, steel, and other materials. Many of these are still in use and installed in properties around the country. They are ticking clocks, and repiping is often just a matter of time.
- Warning Signs – If you’ve seen any warning signs that indicate problems, it can be much less stressful to get service before it becomes an urgent plumbing issue. Look for main water line problems in addition to the above. Don’t hesitate to contact us for a diagnosis.
Professional Repiping Materials
We’ll diagnosis the problem before starting any work and let you know if a partial repipe or full repipe is your best option. This is often dependent on the state of the current system and how much life it has left.
We have a variety of techniques and materials at our disposal. Whether you’re looking for the integrity and affordability of PEX piping, the durability of polypropylene, or classics like copper, we can accommodate you.
Depending on the area and your budget, one pipe type may be better than another. We’ll give you all the information you need to make a sound suggestion. We use a variety of methods when performing plumbing repiping on Portland properties. Our plumbers are exceptionally skilled and provide great work inside and outside your home or business. In many instances, we can even perform trenchless repiping that better preserves your property.